PRODUCERS INSURANCE NETWORK
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION
WE COLLECT AND THE MEANS USED TO COLLECT:
We collect nonpublic personal financial and health information about you and, if you are a business, your employees from the following sources:
• Information that we receive from you on applications or other forms (such as your name, address and date of birth).
• Information about transactions with us, this information may include, but is not limited to, claims and payment history.
• Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency; this information may include, but is not limited to, a driving record or insurance score report.
• Information obtained during conversations with you or observed during visits to your premises.
• Information gathered during the course of managing a claim for you (such as medical bills, provider information and medical records).
To collect client information from the above stated sources, H.G.I.D., Inc. may use the following means of communication to gather information: written, in-person, telephone, facsimile, electronically, and online.
HOW WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION WITH NON-AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES
The information that we collect as described above is used to make coverage, service, benefit and other insurance-related decisions. We do not share information about our customers or former customers with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, H.G.I.D., Inc. may share all of the information listed above with non-affiliated third parties for, including but not limited to, the following reasons.
• Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients including underwriting, obtaining renewal quotations, rating, placement and providing quotes for insurance.
• Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of our clients records.
• Information that is necessary to investigate and resolve client disputes or inquiries.
• Information that is required by individuals or entities who are assessing our legal compliance.
• Information that is required for H.G.I.D., Inc. to comply with the law.
• To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
• Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability.
Examples of non-affiliated third parties with whom we are permitted or required by law to share information with are insurance carriers, insurance brokers, investment and mutual fund companies, premium finance companies, loss payees, additional insureds and joint marketing partners.
HOW WE SHARE CLIENT INFORMATION WITH AFFILIATED PARTIES
We do not share client information with any affiliate.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We restrict access to non-public personal financial and health information about you and your employees to those employees and outside service providers who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We use a secure Internet and e-mail provider the confidentiality of electronic communications. Appropriate action would be taken against any employee who impermissibly shares client information. We regularly review our security measures and employee education programs to help protect this information, and when we share information with non-affiliated third parties, we require that they have standards to keep this information private.
RESERVATION OF THE RIGHTS TO DISCLOSE INFORMATION IN
In connection with potential unforeseen circumstances, such as compliance with regulatory agencies or the sale or transfer of its interests, H.G.I.D., Inc. and its affiliate, Producers Insurance Network reserve the right to sell or transfer your information (including, but not limited to, your address, name, age, sex, zip code, state and country of residency and other information that you provide through other communications) to a third-party entity that 1) concentrates its business in a similar practice or service 2) agrees to be the H.G.I.D. Inc. successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected; and 3) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.
WHO TO CONTACT REGARDING
You can contact the Vice President—Personal Lines/Client Services/Operations, by phone at 800-533-2011, by fax at 717-581-9813, by mail addressed to Producers Insurance Network, Privacy Manager, P.O. Box 3320, 320 Granite Run Drive, Lancaster, PA 17604-3320 or by email to InsurancePrivacy@ProducerNet.com. Please include your name and policy number in any correspondence to us.